CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Green Smoothie

I've noticed that the Green Smoothie has been in heavy rotation lately, so I decided to give it a try. I've been much better at veggie eating this past year, but I'm still working at it, so if I can get 2 guaranteed servings of veggies in a decent tasting to delicious smoothie then why not? I got my recipe from the Brown Eyed Baker  hers was the easiest and seemed the most tastiest. I made a very small adjustment, instead of using fresh lemon which I forgot to buy, I used a bit of lemon juice. The smoothie was pretty tasty once the spinach is well blended it tastes more like basil. Next time, I will add more apples or bananas just because it was such a teaser. I wanted more apple or banana or both!  I do not mind this smoothie at all. I can see myself drinking it at least once a week when my lazy bone is on hiatus. I recommend putting it in the fridge for about 10 minutes before drinking it. It tastes better once cold. It makes 2 servings. You can store the remainder in a airtight container in the fridge for a day or you can freeze it. I wouldn't freeze it for more than 2-3 days.

Check out the recipe:

Green Smoothie

2 cups cold water
1 banana, ripped into chunks*
1 orange, peeled and separated into segments*
½ apple, peeled and cut into chunks*
½ lemon, peeled and separated into segments or a squeeze of lemon juice from the bottle
½-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 cups baby spinach
*add more to fit your taste buds

1. Put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. I pulsated first for a few seconds to chop everything up a bit and then I blended.


Q: Have you had a green smoothie before? What do you think?

1 comments:

Isabel

ill have to try out this recipe. thanks!

Post a Comment