CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies


Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

What you'll need
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (if you use regular sized put less)
1 cup flour 
1 cup oreo cookie crumbs 

According to the recipe on food buzz, the prep time is supposed to be 20 minutes and a 12 to 15 minute bake time but since I had 3 little helpers it took us a few hours.
1.Preheat oven to 250-300 degrees (original recipe 375) 
2. Combine butter and cream cheese until smooth. If you use a mixer make sure it is on medium speed.

3. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix until well-combined. Add flour then mix on low. Stir in the chocolate chips make sure you use a sturdy spatula (mine broke).
4. Place the whole oreos in the Ninja (blender or food processor). You can also crush them with your hands and then use the back of a spoon to make the crumbs smaller. Place the crumbs in a small bowl.

5. Take a spoonful of the cookie dough and roll between your hands into a ball. Then roll  around in the oreo crumbs. Repeat until all of the dough is balled.

6. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for about 7- 8 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.

5. Cool then enjoy!


 FYI I burned the first batch! I made them at my parents house and their oven is weird (no really it is!). So I lowered the temperature and kept them in for less time. I also didn't use parchment paper, which the original recipe calls for. I just used the nonstick baking sheet.
The kids were yelling at me and calling me a cookie burner. They had their minds set on the cookies but I redeemed myself the second time around. They forgave me.

By Celeste, 2 nieces and a god daughter 

0 comments:

Post a Comment